Blogger mode strikes during this quarantine

It's been more than a month since quarantine started on March 16, 2020, and today is April 25, 2020. Back on that Monday, we still went to our usual class from 8 am to 11 am because nobody had told us about quarantine yet. Around 9:30 am, the school finally announced the start of quarantine for that day. I felt really relieved because I had been so tired from early classes all semester.

Just a few days before that, I went to KL to celebrate my sister's birthday and graduation. It was a busy trip, especially since I was rushing to finish my homework before leaving. Luckily, my friends helped me out, and everything went well.

When we heard about the two-week holiday, I was really happy. I couldn't wait to catch up on sleep without having to wake up early for class.

During quarantine, I've been enjoying having time to myself. I'm lucky because my school provides meals, there's Wi-Fi in the hostel, and there's a supermarket nearby for things I need. Even though the store closes earlier now, it's still convenient for me.

I know I'm lucky compared to people who rely on regular jobs. Even though I miss my family, I'm grateful for what I have during this time.

Tomorrow, I want to wake up early and maybe watch a church service online. I want to take time to pray and be thankful for everything I have. I know my family is praying for me too, and I hope I can make them proud.

But I also feel disappointed in myself because I've been putting off my homework. I did manage to finish one assignment today, but there's still a lot left to do. Instead of working, I've been watching TV shows and videos online. I've been using earphones a lot because I'm shy around my roommate, who's a senior. 

Right now, I'm listening to this playlist while I write this. It helps me escape for a while and forget about everything else. 

Comments