Speech Competition

Hello, hello,

This is actually a story from the last few days, yet I feel the urge to share it with you!

This week was my college's English week, and being an English language lover myself, I decided to participate in the public speaking competition. Plus, this is my last year eligible to participate in things like this, so I thought, why not!

My speech's title was 'MUSIC'. I was pretty confident in choosing that topic, and it only took me roughly two days to memorize the whole text. That made me even more confident in winning the competition.

On the competition day, luckily, I wasn't late for school; instead, I was extra early, like what! My mom told me to do my best later on my speech, and she even emphasized that she was telling me to do my best, not just a simple 'good luck'. Typically, I just smiled and thanked my mom.

At school, I kept memorizing my text from time to time and kept myself extra busy. Most of my classmates didn't know if I was participating in it, or maybe they just didn't care about me. Aw, sad! I remember only one friend of mine wished me luck on that day. Still, I knew I was well-prepared, and it was my time to shine.

The competition started after lunch, and it was held at our school's library. There were nine of us, and I was the second one to go up and shine. I am really unlucky at picking numbers, so yeah. The feeling of my heart wanting to jump out of my body is still in my head. Time flies so fast, and little did I know I had finished presenting my speech. Unfortunately, I didn't remember if the other contestants applauded me or not. Yes, I do spot little things like that. I am really a person who loves to be encouraged by others when doing things that I love.

After presenting our prepared speech, it was time for the impromptu. Our title given was "things that make me happy". I did extra bad, I acknowledge that MYSELF. We were given four minutes to think, and that was not even enough for me to finish writing my first sentence. I really suck at impromptu, aka thinking fast!

The other contestants kept telling me I did great and told me I am getting first. But the result isn't out yet, so it is not confirmed. But seriously, for me, I do think I am the winner. Well, confidence!

The results will be up soon, hopefully, I am the winner.

Just want to state here that I will update on my winning here.

If I didn't win, that's okay. I will update that too.

Now, let's be patient and hope for the best!

Written with love,
Octavia. (8/8/2015)

Comments