Saturday, August 8, 2015

Speech Competition

helo helo,

this is actually last few days story and yet I feel the urge to share it with you! 

this week is my college's english week and being the english language lover myself I decided to participate in the public speaking competition. plus this is my last year competent to be participating things like this so I think whyy not! 

my speech title was 'MUSIC'. I was pretty confident choosing that topic and it only takes me roughly two days to memorize the whole text. and that made me more confident in winning the competition. 

on the competition day, luckily I wasnt late for school instead I was extra early like whutt// my mom told me to do my best later on my speech and she even stated that she was telling me to do my best not just a simple good luck. and typically I just smiled and thanked my mom. 

at school, I keep memorizing my text from time to time and make myself extra busy. most of my classmates didnt know if I am participating in it or maybe they just dont even care about me. aww sad! I remembered only one friend of mine wish me luck on that day. still I know I am well prepared and it is my time to shine. 

the competition started after lunch and it was held at our school's library. there was nine of us and I was the second one to go up and shine. I am really unlucky at picking numbers so yeahh. the feeling of my heart want to jump out of my body is still in my head. time flies soo fast and little did I know I have finished presenting my speech. unfortunately I didnt remember if the other contestants applaud me or not. yes i do spot little things like that. I am really a person who loves to be encourage by others when making things that I love. 

after presenting our prepared speech, it was time for the impromptu. our title given was "things that makes me happy". I did extra bad, I acknowledge that MYSELF. we were given four minutes to think and that was not even enough for me to finish writing my first sentence. I really suck at impromptu aka thinking fast! 

the other contestants keep telling me I did great and told me I am getting first. but the result isnt out yet soo it is not confirmed. but seriously for me, I do think I am the winner. well confidence! 

the results will be up soon, hopefully I am the winner. 

just want to state here that I will update on my winning here. 

if I didnt win, thats okay. I will update that too.

now now, lets be patient and hope for the best! 

written with love,
Octavia. (8/8/2015)

No comments: