Speech Competition Part 2

FINALLY, I'M IN THE MOOD TO CONTINUE THIS, HEHE!

So, as I mentioned in my previous blog posts, I'll update you on whether I won the speech competition or not. Well, I did indeed win first place (not sure if I'm using the correct grammar there, haha) and was chosen to represent our college in the intercollege speech competition. The guy who was the 1st runner-up also competed because each college must have 2 representatives in the speech competition. Not only us, but there were also other students representing our college in different segments like scrabble and spelling bee. In total, there were 6 of us, along with our two companion teachers.

The competition took place at KV Kudat, which was a 2-3 hour trip from our school. We traveled there by our college's bus on Friday after school, which was a very new experience for me. I had never been on a school trip before, except for my primary 6 school trip. I'm not sure if that counts as a school trip, but for me, it definitely was, haha. I was so desperate to go on a school trip, yeah.

In addition to us, there were 6 other KVs (KV Kudat, KV Keningau, KV Sandakan, KV Tawau, KV Labuan, KV Beaufort, and us, KV Likas) participating in the intercollege competition. It was basically like an English day competition. By the way, if you don't know what KV is, it stands for Kolej Vokasional. Please remember that, haha. To be exact, it was a three-day, two-night trip, and we stayed at their (KV Kudat's) hostel. Their hostel was very different from ours, but it was still very comfortable, and thank God, I had a very good night's sleep for the two nights, even snoring like a giant pig. Hahahaha.

And yes, I did secure first place! Now, I'm tasked with presenting in front of the entire school during Monday morning assembly. I'm not quite sure how I'll manage that. Nonetheless, I'm filled with happiness and gratitude towards God for this opportunity. It's been ages since I last participated in a speech competition - not since primary 6, in fact - and here I am, clinching the top spot once again. But, truth be told, I'm feeling incredibly nervous about Monday morning. The thought alone makes me anxious. 🥶


Update: I faced the dreaded task of delivering that speech in front of the entire school. As I stood there, I sensed my performance wasn't quite as polished as it had been during the competition. Nevertheless, I'm thrilled to have it behind me now. No more fretting over every word! Praise the Lord for granting me the courage to conquer it!

Written with love,
Octavia 

Comments