Uni Life: entry #2

Well, hello there!

One update and then this next one came after like five months. Talk about commitment! Just like my last update, my life has fast-forwarded to being a second-semester university student in my first year. And guess what, I just had my three-month-long semester break. This is my third day back as an underwhelming degree student. It's September now if you're not aware! Halloween's month is just around the corner. Can we just take a moment to make sure this is reality!

To be fair, many things happened during my semester break. Some days were the best of my life, while others were just bound to be bad. I never thought my mom would get admitted to the hospital. She was diagnosed with a mild stroke, and there is some damage to her front left brain. I'm not sure if I translated that perfectly, but fortunately, she's much better now. Although she needs to keep track of her high blood pressure medicine and make frequent visits to the doctor. Since I was the only one free on the day my mom needed to do a blood test and her first doctor's appointment after being discharged from the hospital, I accompanied her to one of the government health clinics nearest to our home. The waiting for your number to be called part was not enjoyable at all, but thankfully, we finished before noon and just in time for my little brother and sister to get back from school.

It didn't hit me when I was back home, but now that I'm far away from my family... I don't know how I'd feel if I lost one of my family members. I feel so empty at the moment just thinking about it. I'm very grateful that I still have all my grandparents until this day. Lord, I believe you will bless my family for a long time! Thank you, Jesus! This was supposed to be a university life entry, but I just felt like sharing this bit of my life with you tonight. Consider yourself lucky!

I wrote this next two paragraphs yesterday, and I don't really feel like writing it again. I feel like I will just keep repeating my words. So I will copy-paste it from my WPS office.

"Today is basically the second day of my new semester here at university. I was assigned to a different room and also got a new roommate. Before, I was on the 6th floor, but now I am on the 8th floor. I'm still getting used to it with the floor changes. My current room's room card sensor seems to be out of service because normally the electricity will only come out if we put our room card inside the slot. Well, I think it's good actually, but I still can't get used to turning off all the electricity before going out. I tried to still put my room card inside the slot just to make sure I know where I put it all the time. Hopefully, it helps. Hopefully.

Apparently, my roommate is from the same town as me too. She is three years older than me but looks much younger, I must say. She's small-built as well, so I actually feel funny looking at our shoes. The comparison is like the elephant in the room. Why am I fat and big and bulky and have a three-tier stomach? Hahahahaha. Anyway, we also took the same class during the February semester. We took Engineering Mechanic together, and I didn't know she was Sabahan. Just shows how antisocial I am. Well, actually, I do want to befriend others, but I just get anxious every time I need to take the first step. So that always ends up with me coming off as rude and not open to any friendship. I do think I need to improve my social skills, but I just don't know where to start."

Comments